RARA-AVIS: Re: Malcolm Braly

From: Raymond Tait ( raymond.tait@cai.cam.ac.uk)
Date: 27 Feb 2008

I read Shake Him Till He Rattles last year. I'd had it in the loft for years and was prompted to read it after he was mentioned here. I enjoyed it and haven't read anything quite like it but it did read a bit like a
'square' trying to inhabit the mind of a beatnik with only partial success. Very much of its time and also quite dark and nihilistic.

And it was a UK Gold Medal edition so thumbs up for Gold Medal in this instance.

Raymond