RARA-AVIS: Re: Belgium, hopefully a bit more on topic

From: kerkhoc ( Claus_Kerkhoff@web.de)
Date: 27 Feb 2008

Everyone who is interested in mystery should have Belgium on his radar. The famous Georges Simenon was born in Li觥, Belgium.

BTW there is one Belgian author who has been compared to Simenon (but who could stand this comparison?) and has won the Knack Hercule Poirot Oeuvreprijs 2007, a Vlaamse crime prize. His name is Jef Geeraerts, probably known from his Gangreen series reflecting his time in Belgian Congo. In one of his books he touches the Dutroux affair (De PG, 1998). I don´t know whether it has been translated in English.