Re: RARA-AVIS: recent reads

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 26 Feb 2008

In a message dated 2/25/08 8:49:37 PM, blumenidiot@yahoo.com writes:

> I've read all his books through THE FALLEN. I thought
> SILENT JOE and CALIFORNIA GIRLS  especially good. .
> Since I believe both won Edgars I guess I'm not
> unique. I never heard his being of the Ross McDonald
> school. Most don't have recurring protagonists and
> most of their protagonists belong to some police force
> in Orange County or San Diego.

you're right in the differences. I draw the parallel from Parker's recurring use of "the sins of the father" motif. long ago crime left festering, then emerging like 40 year cicadas

John Lau

************** Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

( http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/ 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)