Re: RARA-AVIS: 3 recent noir movies

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Feb 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, jean-pierre jacquet <jacquet@...> wrote:

> I heard that a US remake of 13 Tzameti is in the works (US audiences
> don't like subtitles...)

On the contrary, subtitling is the norm in the US. Dubbing is rare
(children's movies, some documentaries). If they are goingto remake it, it's probably to take advantage of star power, in otherwords, to make more money (and possibly fuck up the project, adds the cynic inside me).

My point is that subtitles have not prevented films in languages other than English from being successful in the US. The problem nowadays is distribution and available theaters. The problem affects US films as well...

Best,

mrt