RARA-AVIS: Jason Starr still as a sports writer

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 24 Feb 2008

Just remembered that Jason's short story "The Last Pick" is strictly about one football game, between teenagers, taking place on a street in Brooklyn. It should be in the anthology HARDBOILED BROOKLYN.

There must've been some crime stories in the sports pulps of the thirties, fourties and fifties. I haven't had a chance to read any of them, though. The collectors seem pretty much to neglect the genre and the only book on the subject, by John Dinan, is I hear pretty bad.

Juri