Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Phantom Lady / Bride [was: Woolrich recommendations? ]

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Feb 2008

--- Allan Guthrie < allan@allanguthrie.co.uk> wrote:

> Does he? I thought he pretty famously lost money on
> something like 20 films
> in a row.

****************************************************** If that were true, how does he continue to get produced and distributed? You don't imagine he's making movies with his own money, do you? Today, there are an awful lot of ways to make money with a film besides first-run box office. Sure, the idiots that make Spiderman 55 and Lion King 22 top box office picks, don't go to see Woody Allen, but he's very successful on Video On Demand and at Blockbuster and the pay channels vie for his work.

Patrick King

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs