RARA-AVIS: Re: This Sporting Life.... Noir and Class

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 21 Feb 2008

Which brings us back to rugby (or whatever wholesome team sport you care to pick), which represents the antithesis of alienation, which is maybe why there is a dearth of noir and hardboiled stories in that area. Of course, all you have to do is get one of the team alienated and you have a story. But I still think there are other factors at play that stop rugby going all noir.

Charlie.

---------- charliewilliams.net