Re: RARA-AVIS: Woolrich's "Fright" - 1st vs 3rd person narration

From: harry.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca
Date: 20 Feb 2008

To paraphrase myself:

> Is (shifting narrative techniques) a fairly common technique in noir
> in general?

I should add that at least in my experience with noir literature shifting of narrative perspective is not all that common. So perhaps I should re-word this particular question from my original post as follows:

Is anyone aware of other noir writers who have used a shifting of narrative perspective, and if so was it as effective as in Woolrich's
"Fright"?

Thanks again!

Best, Harry