Re: RARA-AVIS: Horse racing & Gambling

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 20 Feb 2008

I know it¹s not books but here are a few very exemplary noir/harbld/crime stories items (films) to think about, and some of them come from books or original stories...

Horse Racing: The Killing (Kubrick-56), The Grifters (Stephen Frears-90), The Heist (Stuart Orme-89 from W. Irish story)...

Gambling: All Godfathers of course, The Gambler (Karoly Makk-97), The Grifters (see above), the remarkable Bad Lieutenant (Abel Ferrara-92), M鬯die en sous-sol (Verneuil-63)

That¹s the first ones that come to mind....some of them are more crime than noir of course....but all those are worth a look...and some are Œrequired¹!

Montois