Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Forum Format

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Feb 2008

What's this got to do with hard boiled or noir? When I think of the BS I took about the dealth penalty thread... which certainly does impact hard boiled and noir. Take the discussion off list if you want to go on with it. This is the way things are done now, and the thread is off topic!

Patrick King
--- "Mark R. Harris" < brokerharris@gmail.com> wrote:

> If this were vBulletin, you could have unsubscribed
> from this thread by now,
> or never subscribed to it in the first place. :)
>
> Lord help the digest readers tomorrow. But in a way
> this is my whole point.
>
> Mark
>
> On 2/18/08, Patrick King < abrasax93@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Folks, this thread is wayyyyy off topic and, to
> me,
> > it's the most boring off topic subject that's ever
> > come up here. I couldn't care less about changing
> > formats and I'll bet Dashiel Hammett wouldn't
> either.
> >
> > Patrick King
> > --- "Mark R. Harris" < brokerharris@gmail.com
> <brokerharris%40gmail.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This is what I wrote:
> > >
> > > "Yahoo Groups has in my observation deteriorated
> > > a format for the
> > > clueless, with a very low signal-to-noise ratio
> in
> > > most groups. Ours is an
> > > exception, but I think it's time we got out of
> > > here."
> > >
> > > I don't see how a careful reading of what I
> wrote in
> > > any way suggests that I
> > > am calling rara-avis-l members "clueless." It's
> > > specifically because we're
> > > not that I'm suggesting we migrate. I'm puzzled
> by
> > > your comeback, in short.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >

> > > On 2/18/08, Ivan Van Laningham
> < ivanlan9@gmail.com<ivanlan9%40gmail.com>

> > > Groups has in my
> > > clueless"?

> > > "clueless" to follow your

> > > < brokerharris@gmail.com
> <brokerharris%40gmail.com>
> > <brokerharris%40gmail.com>>

> possess
> > > at this point. :) And I
> it,
> > > but it should not get
> technological
> > > past. That was why I

> > > < dz@hardluckstories.com
> <dz%40hardluckstories.com>
> > <dz%40hardluckstories.com>>

> starting
> > > a RARA AVIS type group
> proves
> > > superior to YAHOO groups
> sure
> > > people here would

> <rara-avis-l%40yahoogroups.com>

<rara-avis-l%40yahoogroups.com><rara-avis-l%40yahoogroups.com>,

http://www.python.org/workshops/1998-11/proceedings/papers/laningham/laningham.html

> > > --
> > > Mark R. Harris
> > > 2122 W. Russet Court #8