Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: This Sporting Life....

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 19 Feb 2008

> --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:rara-avis-l%40yahoogroups.com>, Steve Novak <Cinefrog@...> wrote:
> > Anyone knows about crime novels with rugby in them???...I know of
> one being
> > written at this time by a French author and friend...but aside from
> that???

The only one I can think of is Malcolm Pryce's surreal, but actually pretty noir, Aberystwyth Mon Amour, which has a certain amount of rugby backstory. Highly recommended, this starts off as a Chandler pastiche/parody but soon develops into something much more interesting.

John

And, oh yes, my own Five Pubs Two Bars And A Nightclub does start off with a rugby match.