RARA-AVIS: re: Forum format

From: logan keith (keith) ( keith@globetrotter.net)
Date: 18 Feb 2008

Mark,

Thanks for letting me (us) know about the possibilities out there. Personally I am quite happy with the format; I receive Rara-Avis in digest format, and simply scroll past posts that don't interest me. I in fact prefer to receive them and ignore them because, sometimes, as I scroll by I will notice that the discussion has shifted to something entirely different than what the subject line indicates, something that does interest me. I am willing to put up with some stuff that I may not like to have access to lots of stuff that I do or potentially may like. I see filtering threads excluding me from some interesting conversations, those ones that I potentially might not know about. And the most emoticon-like I get is something like ;)

But I will follow Rara-Avis to such a forum if it someday does go there, because what happens here interests me. But I, at least, am satisfied with the status quo.

Best, Keith Logan