Re: RARA-AVIS: Forum Format

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Feb 2008

2/18/08

I can only support this...

There are too many things to do in a day, besides our jobs, to go to a bulletin board, or other similar items...What is great about this present format is that it comes directly to your mailbox and it is up to your own time management to regulate what, when, and where you want to read and respond. You can save the ones you want to read for later if you don't have time now, you can delete immediately what you think is not of your interest...The bulletin thing is cumbersome, and above all not immediate and all the extras (avatars, emoticons, profiles...) are, for our purpose, totally useless...

I go regularly to bulletin boards but only if I want an opinion or advice about items I want to buy or learn more about (electronics, computer programs...), a little bit like consulting Consumers Report on the net...Aside from that I just simply don't have time and wouldn't bother with it for something like all our literary topics...

Thanks for the offer though and I understand that it would make sense in some cases,

That's the opinion of this Montois...de Dé´˛oit