Re: RARA-AVIS: Forum Format

From: funkmasterj@runbox.com
Date: 18 Feb 2008

I strongly disagree. If it switched to a bulletin board, I would really no longer participate or even read it. That is more work and I read and post on this at work and would ABSOLUTELY NOT do so on a bulletin board at work.

Jordan

----- Start Original Message ----- Sent: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:17:19 -0000 From: "Mark R. Harris" < brokerharris@gmail.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Forum Format

> I seriously propose that rara-avis-l consider migrating from the now
> quite antiquated Yahoo Groups format to vBulletin or another similar
> system that allows for far wider functionality, including choosing the
> threads one wishes to subscribe to, having user profiles and avatars,
> offering basic HTML coding for bold, italic, etc., offering emoticons,
> etc., etc. Yahoo Groups has in my observation deteriorated to a format
> for the clueless, with a very low signal-to-noise ratio in most
> groups. Ours is an exception, but I think it's time we got out of here.

> Yahoo! Groups Links

----- End Original Message -----

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional