Re: RARA-AVIS: My De Palma

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 18 Feb 2008

In a message dated 2/18/08 4:42:07 AM, juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi writes:

> As Todd Mason can tell, I'm probably the only one on this list who likes De
> Palma's films, and I've even been interested in his bad ones (well, not much
> so with The Untouchables, even though some of the scenes are very
> energetic). But just to save bandwidth (and everyone's precious time), I'll
> refrain from further comments. I've written about some De Palma films on my
> blog, Pulpetti.

I love Blow Out, which has a truly noir ending. Dressed to Kill is a successful update on Psycho. The Untouchables is beautiful to look at, tells its story well and benefits from fine, if scenery chewing performances from Sean Connery and Robert DeNiro. I may have forgotten another one or two, but by and large, it's all downhill from there. and in many cases, it's a steep drop

John Lau

************** Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

( http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)