Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Forum Format

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 18 Feb 2008

Mark R. Harris wrote:

"But I'll get off my soapbox now. Here's a prediction: within two years from today (one year is more likely), the group will either have migrated to the sort of format I describe, or been significantly rivaled by a group that does."

Then he further wrote:

"You guys keep saying that the general membership is in favor of the status quo, but I'm not convinced that you're right. As people get more exposure in other groups to the functionalities I've described, I suspect that they will want them. I know I do."

Hey Mark- is this one of those instances where you'd like to be able to go back and edit your earlier post, you know, the one where you promised to hop off your soapbox and then apparently forgot what you'd said previously?

This thread is hilarious, by the way. I haven't heard one member of Rara Avis' supposed "Great Silent Majority" chiming in supporting your position that "they" all want this.

Who knows though? I could be wrong. And if we were on vBulletin instead of clunky ol' Yahoo!, I'd be able to come back later and edit this posting to reflect my change of heart, saying, "I never said that!"

Is it just me, or does that not just give off the slightest odor of Orwellian Newspeak?

All the Best-

Brian