Re: RE : RARA-AVIS: Re: movie remakes

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 17 Feb 2008

"And then, remember, a lot of you fellows get so wet over Tarantino, and that trog wouldn't even exist if it hadn't been for all that he stole from DePalma."

Not that any of the things QT stole from DePalma are original to DePalma, although I agree Tarantino did get them from DePalma. Tarantino has always been very open about his love of DePalma, usually citing Blow Out as his favorite film. Given that, not sure why I'm such a fan of QT, but like so little of DePalma's (bits of Hi Mom and Greetings, Untouchables). Perhaps it's DePalma's misogyny that puts me off.

Mark