Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: movie remakes

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 17 Feb 2008

In a message dated 2/17/08 2:20:12 PM, abrasax93@yahoo.com writes:

> You've got to elaborate on your opinion here! In what
> way was the remake of THOMAS CROWN better? The robbery
> was inferior. It was not shot as well, it was not cast
> as well, and was implausable to execute. The
> characterizations were improbable. The whole
> pretentious artsy-fartsy ending was just awful. The
> original was straight-forward. It's rough edges very
> realistic with regard to this type of crime.

I pretty much feel the exact opposite. I'm a big McQueen fan, as most people here probably are. but he's stilted here and out of his element as this character. the capers depicted on split screen have zero suspense. the chess motif had to have been clich鬠even back in 68. (I think it was 68). my quibble with the remake is that Rene Russo is trying way too hard to be a
"character"

John Lau

************** Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

( http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)