RE: RARA-AVIS: Black Alibi

From: Christina Paul ( xpistiva33@live.com)
Date: 15 Feb 2008

This is a good point. If we were playing the old which-one-does-not-belong game with Woolrich's "black series" (The Bride Wore Black, Rendezvous in Black, The Black Curtain, etc.), I'd choose The Black Alibi. I myself enjoyed this book as much as the others (in terms of style and atmosphere, it is consistent with the others), but the pleasures it offers set it somewhat apart from the rest of Woolrich's black series.
  Tourneur's adaptation of the story is generally categorized as horror, isn't it?
  I've just begun reading a paperback collection of Woolrich's stories titled Beyond the Night that was explicitly marketed as horror: "SIX TALES OF HORROR TO FLUTTER THE HEART-AND CHILL THE MIND." A link to the cover: http://www.violetbooks.com/images-detective/woolr-beyond.jpg

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Vorzimmer <jvorzimmer@...> wrote:> > I've read the novel, but not the story and I would classify it ashorror or supernatural, but definitely not crime fiction.> __._,_._

.

_________________________________________________________________ Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional