Re: RE : Re: RE : RARA-AVIS: Memento

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 15 Feb 2008

In a message dated 2/15/08 7:12:10 AM, IndieCrime@gmail.com writes:

> I think where Irreversible failed was with the characters. I didn't
> really care about them. If the events had been presented in
> chronological order it would have been completely uninteresting. Guy
> Pearce's character in Memento, on the other hand, was sympathetic. I
> felt for his situation and his problems, and I think the movie was
> much more successful at driving home the point of the pointlessness of
> revenge, which was theme I think both films were trying to make.

I don't glean that point from Irreversible at all. in fact the only point I get is that rape isn't sexy, it's horrible. and because the rest of the film just seems to be an exercise in style, it even calls that point into question. I mean... horrific rape as style? how pretentious is that?

John Lau

************** The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.

( http://music.aol.com/grammys?NCID=aolcmp00300000002565)