Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Memento

From: harry.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca
Date: 14 Feb 2008

Although not really a plot in reverse, SPARTAN (2004) starring Val Kilmer is also a worthwhile recent noir. It essentially involves the search for the missing daughter of the US president, but the plot jumps around quite a bit in order to provide, in an indirect sort of way, some context for not only what happened to the president's daughter, but also what happened to Kilmer's character that led him into this search in the first place and how those events ultimately aid in his efforts. A good film, even if not quite in the same league as MEMENTO.

Best, Harry