Re: RE : RARA-AVIS: Bloch/Woolrich

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "John Weagly" <jmweagly@...> wrote:

> I just read Woolrich's short story "Murder, Obliquely" and this was
> definitely the case, strong female - weak male. I also found the
> story unique in that it seems to skirt around the edges of what's
> going on. After reading it I didn't necessarily feel that the
> narrator was really the main character, if that makes sense.
>
> The story was made into an episode of the Showtime series FALLEN
> ANGELS back in 1993. On a side note, I really want this series to
> come out on DVD!!!

Hi, John, I went to your site and have to recommend your short story The Thug and the Three-Handed Lady to all lovers of the ultrahardboiled pulp style [Plug written under erasure: While unmistakeably contemporary, he manages to subtly evoke the gleeful hardboiledness of a bygone era.]

http://www.demolitionmag.com/demolitionweagly.htm

Best,

mrt