Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: 77 Sunset Strip

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2008

To me, anyway, this subject isn't off topic at all. Hell, Bee-Bop Jazz is the sound track to noir. I probably listen to it solely because of it's impact on noir cinema. Anyone else familiar with Tom Waits' song POTTERS FIELD, on his CD FOREIGN AFFAIR. This is perhaps his most noir piece told by a blind stool pigeon who's giving up everything he knows about a robbery for the price of a glass of whiskey. The saxophone is stunning!

Patrick King