RARA-AVIS: 77 Sunset Strip & The Saint Magazine

From: Tim Wohlforth ( timwohlforth@opendoor.com)
Date: 12 Feb 2008

Just a small personal note. Many. many years ago I worked at a magazine publisher called Great American Publications. It published a major hot rod magazine that included a column "written" by Kookie. Of course someone on our staff ghosted it for him. He did visit our offices once. In the same period we were publishing The Saint Magazine. Leslie Charteris also visited. I met both of them. and again the full extent of Charteris' connection to the magazine in that period was the title. I shared an office with the fellow who chose its contents and ghosted Charteris' monthly column.

One day we couldn't make outgoing phone calls. The next day the place went bankrupt and was shuttered. Its major automotive properties were sold, as I recall, to Motor Trend.

Tim Wohlforth