Re: RE : RARA-AVIS: Bloch/Woolrich

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 12 Feb 2008

Yeah, I too am a New Yorker and appreciate that aspect of the novel. He mentions restaurants and bars that are long gone. I must say in the midst of a lot of Woolrich bashing going on here that I enjoy his books tremendously, although I do find his male characters tiring at times. A point that bears repeating about Woolrich, and it's not true of most of his contemporaries, is that you never know how the story will unwind and he always manages to maintain tension throughout.

Jeff