RARA-AVIS: Re: Waltz into Darkness (spoilers)

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Feb 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, <funkmasterj@...> wrote:

> How early does this get good? So far, it's really boring (I'm on
chapter 15). A really naive rich guy marries an imposter who's not really nice and is a good digger. I'm up to when they made his bank accounts joint, but it's just kind of predictable with very little plot...

If I had reached Chapter 15 and still found it boring, I would axe it. Woolrich is not for everyone, and I find that you have to be in the right mood for his stuff (more the novels than the stories).

Best,

mrt