RARA-AVIS: Pamela Fry, pt. 2

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 06 Feb 2008

Kevin (and everyone else interested if there are any),

I got finally to check my notes. It says thus:

Fry was born in 1917, no info on possible death. Two crime novels, HARSH EVIDENCE and THE WATCHING CAT (1960; probably another one from what I posted on my blog, am not sure and wouldn't want to check the blog being tired and the damn computer dysfunctional). HARSH EVIDENCE is set in the copywriting world and situated in an isolated island on the beach of which a young woman's body is found (copywriters are there for the weekend). Sounds like a Christie, but is more a psychological novel than anything else.

It's not clear whether Fry is Canadian. HARSH EVIDENCE was published by Wingate, but that's a British publisher. The book is set in Canada, however, as is THE WATCHING CAT, but that was published by Davies, which I gather is an American publisher.

There's also Pamela Fry who wrote cook books in the sixties and might be the same one. Also sculptor Roger Fry had a daughter called Pamela, but I don't know whether she's the one.

Juri