RARA-AVIS: Help wanted

From: m23to53 ( library.john@virgin.net)
Date: 03 Feb 2008

I am trying to research an 'elusive' British crime writer of the 1920s/1930s and have managed to track her down in the 1930s; though I have had no success either side of that decade. I have now discovered that the University of South Carolina hold the papers of her agent and that there are several references to her in those papers - but the University library have declined to look at them for me (the first time an University has done so in reply to such an enquiry). So I wonder if anyone in this group has access to the University library, or know someone who might be willing to have a look at the papers for me for me. (I am in England and would find it difficult at the moment to travel over for what I must admit could be a poor result). If anyone can help me, please let me know off post and I will supply all the details.

Many thanks John