RARA-AVIS: Re: "...medical and legal support for the traditional libel against

From: jxshannon2@aol.com
Date: 29 Jan 2008

Alas, Denis Johnson's Tree of Smoke is a mess. And I like him a lot, I loved his long Already Dead. Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried is superb. Other hard edge "rather noir" writers include Stewart O'Nan and even that wonderful True Confessions by the late John Gregory Dunne. Oh, yes--to sneak in a good friend--Kent Anderson--Sympathy For the Devil is one of the best books about war ever written, for my money, and his later cop novel Night Dogs is great, too. And nobody is darker than Cormac McCarthy.

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489