RARA-AVIS: Saint pseudonyms

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 29 Jan 2008

There's been rumours about Theodore Sturgeon and Henry Kuttner writing pseudonymously pieces published as by Leslie Charteris and while I've never read a Saint, I think only those names as possible candidates would make them hardboiled or maybe noir. Can check for more, if anyone's interested - it was a hot topic on Fictionmags five or six years ago. Todd would remember.

Harry Harrison wrote a later Saint, SAINT IN SICILY or some such, but I don't think that qualifies as noir. Some of Harrison's novels are somewhat hardboiled, like the first Stainless Steel Rat.

Juri