Re: RARA-AVIS: "...medical and legal support for the traditional libel against c

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 28 Jan 2008

Oops, meant to say more about my question: Are literary novels really any less formulaic than crime novels?

As Mario and Dave have pointed out, there's wide expanse of variety of approach and subject matter to crime novels. On the other hand, from what I remember of my college lit classes, novels must have a certain number of attributes to be considered novels. Isn't that a formula in itself? And the organization of lit classes around periods seems to argue for commonalities that some might call genres of period.

Mark