Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Interface by Joe Gores

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 27 Jan 2008

Chuck, if you didn't like the early, procedural DKAs, have you tried the later, more humorous ones, particularly 32 Cadillacs? I'm usually not much of a fan of comedy hardboiled (decidedly not a fan of Westlake's Dortmunder books, for instance), but I liked these quite a bit. They aren't really comedies, but there are a lot of laughs.

Tangentially, that does not mean I don't appreciate humor in hardboiled. I do, the darker the better. For instance, Willeford, Bruen and Huston have all made me laugh out loud, but theirs is more of a laughing to stave away horror.

Mark