RARA-AVIS: recent finds

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 24 Jan 2008

Today I found:

Blood on the Desert by Peter Rabe

I know his The Box is very well thought of here. I've only read one by him, I think Kiss the Boss Goodby? Don't remember much about it other than I like it. How does this stack up with his other books? I also have, but have not read his Code Name Gadget, Mission for Vengeance and A House in Naples. What about them?

The Hochmann Miniatures by Robert L Fish

I've only read his Bullet (I read the movie edition of Mute Witness), which I liked a lot. This looks like a smuggling caper film. Any good?

The Cockeyed Corpse by Richard Prather

They had a whole stack of old Shell Scotts. I'm not a big fan, but this one looked amusing; nice cover, too.

The Blue Dahlia by Chandler

I already have a trade paper copy of this, but could not pass on this cheap mass paperback copy. Includes all the essays of the original.

Mark