Re: RARA-AVIS: JohnD's old stuff

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jan 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, harry.lerner@... wrote:

> John D.'s MORE GOOD OLD STUFF and SEVEN are also solid collections of
> his short stories in that they too serve as fairly effective showcases
> for his versatility.

I have those, too, but they must be in another box. The way I figure it, I will read through whatever interests me in a box and then sell the entire contents. I can't keep all that stuff at home.

Another one I found in the box and reread quickly was Elmore Leonard's
_Bandits_, a relatively lightweight divertimento. I confirm that he has trouble depicting women effectively.

Best,

mrt