Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Interface by Joe Gores

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Jan 2008

I just finished Dead Man the other day. It was a solid novel, but I didn't love it. Gores stated the obvious a little too often when it would have been more effective to let the characters' actions speak for themselves, and he kind of beat the reader over the head with the whole predator/prey thing once the story shifted to the swamps. How many scenes of animals eating each other did there need to be? That said, a lot of the scenes were well rendered, particularly the climactic fight in the swamp.