Re: RARA-AVIS: Mercenary Questions

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 22 Jan 2008

I have not published a story in either AHMM or EQMM for more than twenty years but I have remained a subscriber and reader of those fine publications.

To all on this list, if you want to support opportunities for writers, new and old, and especially if you care about short crime fiction, you might consider subscribing to both. If we don't support the platforms open to writers new and old, we can't complain when they disappear.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeltserman" <dz@...> wrote:

> > Usually attributed to hardboiled, but unnoirish, lexicographer
Samuel
> > Johnson.
> >
> > With the novellas you're writing, have you tried running them
past
> the
> > magazines, such EQMM, AHMM, CRIMEWAVE and possibly now MURDALAND
and
> > OUT OF THE GUTTERS, that might actually publish novellas?
> >
> > Todd Mason
> >

> EQMM + AHMM will occassionally publish novellas up to 20K word
length
> (roughly 80 book pages), but they won't publish many of those--and
> usually reserve that for well-known writers.
>
> Being a bit of a smart aleck, I'd like to ask some of the
nonwriters