RARA-AVIS: Fwd: Edgars on TV!

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 19 Jan 2008

Mark wrote:

> ps it's a joke; I know the Edgars are not televised.

Actually, it would be great if at least one of the three speciality mystery TV channels I know of (Sleuth, The Mystery Channel [Starz] and Mystery! [in Canada]) actually did more original programming, instead of just mostly airing reruns of KNIGHT RIDER and MURDER SHE WROTE.

And the Edgars seems like a natural. Presentations, acceptance speeches, maybe featurettes on the nominees, plus interviews with drunken authors -- hell, I'd watch that.

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site 10 Years of P.I. Thrills