Re: RARA-AVIS: MPH or KMPH?

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 19 Jan 2008

Surely you jest. You must have the UK confused with some European country. As me dear ol' mum used to say, "Europe begins at Calais." The EU has given up even trying to get the UK off pints and gallons. Brits are afraid they'd be served something less than a proper pint o' ale if the metric system was forced upon them.

It's only been since 1971 that Britain has had a metric monetary system. And let's not even try to imagine the future of the British Empire without Pound Sterling.

Jeff