Re: RARA-AVIS: clarification. Ms. Hendricks [WARNING: A LITTLE ANATOMICAL LANGUAGE]

From: Mark R. Harris ( brokerharris@gmail.com)
Date: 17 Jan 2008

From Wikipedia:

"In modern times the Prince Albert piercing was developed by Jim Ward< http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ward_%28body_piercer%29>in the early 1970s. In West Hollywood <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Hollywood> (a gay village<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_village>of Los Angeles <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles>), Ward met Doug Malloy<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Malloy>and Fakir Musafar <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fakir_Musafar>. Together these men further developed the Prince Albert piercing. Perhaps more fatefully, Malloy published a pamphlet, *Body & Genital Piercing in Brief<http://www.bmezine.com/news/jimward/20040315-p.html>
,* in which he concocted fanciful histories of genital piercings in particular. These ersatz tales---which included the notion that Prince Albert <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Albert> invented the piercing that shares his name in order to tame the appearance of his large penis in tight trousers---are widely circulated as urban legend<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_legend>. No historical proof of their veracity has been located independent of Malloy's assertions."

Another one bites the dust.

Mark

On 1/17/08, GERLACH, Steve < steve.gerlach@sma.com.au> wrote:

> I believe it's because Prince Albert also had one... ;)
>
> Steve
>
> _____

Mark R. Harris
2122 W. Russet Court #8