RARA-AVIS: Re: Why not a "guest of honor" again on R-A?

From: foxbrick ( foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Jan 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "E. Borgers" <webeurop@...> wrote:

> GUEST OF HONOR
>
> Could it be possible that the new "organisators" of RARA-AVIS
invite a writer to participate during one or two weeks to our list, to answer questions from the members- as it was already done in the past with people like James Sallis, Betty Willeford, Michael Collins, and others.
> These were real highlights in RARA-AVIS' development. Milestones.
>
> Ideas and names could come from the list. But I think the
selected guests must be reasonably known and have already some notoriety, in order to be of interest for a majority of the members.
> I suppose other Avians will support this request.

I'm certainly not against it. I'm even trying to get a writer of no little accomplishment interested in the Cornell Woolrich discussion, if he feels like adding to his plate.

Todd Mason