Aussie lit (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Aussie slang? OT)

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 Jan 2008

Colin,

Steve mentioned the Wyatt series, which I also heartily endorse. My intro to Aussie crime lit, though, was Peter Corris's Cliff Hardy series. I read 15 of those before I stopped being able to find them in the states (were there many more in Oz? the last I read was Matrimonial Causes). Except for being set in Australia, it was a pretty straight PI series, but a very good one, one of the many great midlist PI writers of the '80s, such as Lewin, Valin, Kantner, Pronzini, Collins, etc.

Mark