Re: RARA-AVIS: Themes of Revenge in Joe Gores's Work

From: harry.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca
Date: 15 Jan 2008

Mark,

Thanks for reminding me about how the DKA stories changed over time. Now that I am further into WOLF TIME, I have come to really appreciate that Gores's economy of word use changes during the course of a single story. I guess what is was about WOLF TIME that made such a strong initial impression on me was Gores's method of conveying the kind of extreme tension associated with the shooting of Hollis Fletcher. However, as I read on I found the tone eased up a bit such that the tension was being conveyed in a noticeably less overt manner, as befits the group of relatively emotionally suppressed characters that populate WOLF TIME.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Harry

Quoting DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net: