RARA-AVIS: recording of Rankin

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 14 Jan 2008

I'm currently reading Rankin's Resurrection Men. Since I enjoy his musical namedropping and how it reveals character, I tend to google the few that are new to me (almost invariably older Scottish artists). I just looked up Jackie Leven. And it turns out that Leven and Rankin have collaborated on a double CD. Rankin reads a story called "Jackie Leven Said," and Leven cuts in with the songs of his that are mentioned in the story. The second disc seems to be a "best of" compiled by Leven and Rankin. It also contains three new songs, including one about John Rebus. Anyone heard this? Not that I'm waiting for a response; I've already ordered a copy.

Mark