Re: RARA-AVIS: Miker

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 14 Jan 2008

Well put Jim. I have been offline for several days and am just now getting the news. I am stunned. I had wondered why he wasn't posting and even checked the list to see he was still a member.

I've a daughter in Indianapolis and always thought we might have gotten together for a beer. Heck, she used to work at the university where he got his engineering degree and her husband is an electrical engineer for a defense contractor. So much in common that I only learned from the tribute by the friend. I'm a gun collector as well. Damn. I am going to miss the guy and kick myself for not contacting him so I could share an evening as Jack Bludis described. And thanks Jack for your memories of him.

Thanks also to Jack Bludis for his personal memories.

Man, oh man. Well, that beer together isn't to be in this world but I will down a couple tonight in salute to his memory.

Richard Moore

l@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of DJ-Anonyme@...
> Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:28 PM
> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Miker
>

> Damn shame.
>
> Among other things, miker's enthusiasm finally got me to read two
great
> books that had been on my shelves for a long, long time: Nightmare
Alley