RARA-AVIS: Re:My 2007

From: David Tamarin ( davidltamarin@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Jan 2008

My favorite book of 2007 was John Skipp's novella Conscience. He's known as a splatterpunk writer, but Conscience is pure hardboiled noir. Its a violent, intense and compelling book.

  As for nonfiction, Cory Mitchell's STRANGLER, the true story of a serial killer. Its a pretty brutal book with some unsettling details but very well written, and I like Mitchell's style. I only read a few new true crime books last year, and STRANGLER was the best.

  As for 2008, I am looking forward to the follow up to the true crime book, "The Black Dahlia Avenger", and I plan on reading King's Colorado Kid and finishing my book of Cornell Woolrich short stories.

  David

David L Tamarin davidltamarin@yahoo.com dltamarin@hotmail.com davidltamarin@gmail.com

  David L Tamarin 857 891 0585 Please note: I will be moving in the next two months so please do not send me anything by mail.

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.