Re: RARA-AVIS: Flood

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2008

Assuming you're talking about Andrew Vachss' first novel, I'd say it's worth reading, but I'm not going to try to compare it to every hardboiled novel ever written, because I haven't read them all. His first three Burke books (The other two are Strega and Blue Belle) are all pretty good. After that, they go downhill. If you're going to read one, read Blue Belle. It's the apotheosis of the author's ultra hard boiled aesthetic.