RARA-AVIS: Re:Gores, etc.

From: Thomas Mitchell ( redwood772003@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2008

Hi - it's a good question - and I would love to answer it with a slew of current titles... but to be honest most titles that I pay cold cash for are A) no longer on the latest release shelf and B) are typically buried behind a copy of a new Chandler reprint or C) found in a dark recess of my favourite 2nd hand shops. That said - in 2007 I read and really enjoyed Black Ice (1992) and Black Echo (1993) - both by Michael Connelly, the Nightwebs collection of novellas by Cornell Woolrich (written between 1937 - 47), The Marvellous Boy by Peter Corris (1982), Silence of the Grave by Arnaldur Indridason (2005) and The Night Gardener by Pelecanos (2006). I also remember reading Rilke on Black (1997) by Ken Bruen and would be interested to know if anyone on the list has read his collaboration with Jason Starr - Bust (2006). Sounds like a recipe for a very dark and interesting mix.
  Thomas M.

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.