Re: RARA-AVIS: The best novel you read this year

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 29 Dec 2007

My favorite crime fiction novel read during 2007 was The Dain Curse by Hammett, but my favorite new crime novel was Reasonable Doubts by Gianrico Carofiglio. Other very good novels read: Dead Street by the Mick, Robbie's Wife by Russell Hill (maybe the best true noir novel I've come across in years), Cross by Ken Bruen, Cruel Poetry by Vicki Hendricks, reprints by Hardcase: Vengeful Virgin, The Peddler, The Last Dodge--all excellent.

--Dave Zeltserman http://smallcrimes-novel.blogspot.com