Re: RARA-AVIS: The best novel you read this year

From: James Reasoner ( jamesreasoner@flash.net)
Date: 29 Dec 2007

My top two are QUEENPIN and THE BLONDE, and I'd really hate to have to choose between them. I also enjoyed DEADLY BELOVED by Max Allan Collins, THE CRIMES OF JORDAN WISE by Bill Pronzini, MIAMI PURITY by Vicki Hendricks, THE VENGEFUL VIRGIN by Gil Brewer, FRIGHT and THE BLACK ANGEL by Cornell Woolrich, and Megan Abbott's first two, DIE A LITTLE and THE SONG IS YOU.

  In other words, I read some really fine books this year.

  James Reasoner