RARA-AVIS: Boxing Fiction

From: T. Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 27 Dec 2007

To add to the list, I don't think anyone mentioned the Miles Jacoby series by Robert J. Randisi. Jacoby fights as a middleweight under the name of Kid Jacoby and also is a licenced PI. The first book is titled Eye in the Ring. I also have a copy of the third Jacoby book titled The Steinway Collection where the PI is hired to track down a stolen collection of pulp detective magazines. Anyone read either one?

Peter Lovesey's The Detective Wore Silk Drawers is about illegal bare-knuckle boxing in London. The decapitated body of a pugilist is pulled out of the Thames and Scotland Yard handles the investigation.

Kent Morgan